Complementary Therapies VTCT Level 2 Diploma at Bath College
This one-year course is aimed at those wanting to work in the complementary therapies industry. It is designed to give you an introduction and grounding in all aspects of the main complementary therapies. This course is a stimulating and enjoyable taste of complementary therapies. You will be able to explore and progress therapies further with this useful qualification.
- Provide basic massage therapy techniques for complementary therapies
- Health, safety and hygiene for complementary therapies
- Knowledge of anatomy and physiology for complementary therapies
- Provide basic reflexology techniques
- Introduction to healthy eating and well-being for the complementary therapy client
- Introduction to clinic services and business awareness for complementary therapies
- Introduction to principles and practice of complementary therapies
- Four full GCSEs in English Language, Maths and Science at grade D or above OR Level 1 Certificate in Beauty
- Excellent communication skills, a high standard of personal presentation, a mature caring attitude and a professional customer focussed approach
Units are internally and externally assessed. Continuous practical assessment is used to teach and develop vocational competence. On completion of each unit you will be required to undertake an exam paper.
- Gain employment as a therapist/assistant in spas
- Progress onto:
- Complementary Therapy NVQ
- Hair and Media Make Up Level 2
- Hairdressing NVQ Level 2
- Beauty Therapy NVQ Level 2
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bath College directly.