Road Management Apprenticeship at Westminster City Council
Road Management delivers a range of services to oversee and manage the condition of the highways (roads and pavements) in Westminster. We inspect the highway, monitor and co-ordinate utility works, regulate and license builders’ activities, undertake routine environmental and air quality monitoring, and investigate highway accident claims against the Council. We are looking for an apprentice interested in a mix of office administration and outdoor inspection work. You will be expected to work in all weather conditions – road management can be a physically demanding occupation which requires a good knowledge of health and safety for yourself and our customers.
- Help Highway Inspectors to complete investigation reports about highway accidents.
- Log reports from Highway Inspectors about defective manholes and make sure the responsible utility companies are made aware.
- Update Road Management website pages, helping to keep customers up to date.
- Undertake environmental and air quality monitoring.
- Shadow Road Management staff and get experience of:
- Walking the streets with Highway Inspectors
- Visiting Environmental Monitoring stations
- Undertaking site visits to building sites
- Meeting with utility companies to co-ordinate and monitor their work on the streets.
- Able to identify and resolve issues with speed and accuracy
- An effective communicator and have good interpersonal skills and an ability to quickly establish good relationships.
- Able to analyse information and extract key facts to deliver concise information.
- Committed to teamwork and working collaboratively.
- Customer driven and able to understand customer needs.
This vacancy offers real career potential with the opportunity to progress to an Advanced Apprenticeship if you do well, and you’ll have great experience to help you get future employment with the host company, our contractors and other London boroughs.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Westminster City Council directly.