Professional Cookery: Level 2 VRQ Diploma at NESCOT
This vocationally-related qualification meets the needs of candidates who work or want to work as professional chefs in the catering and hospitality sector, allowing them to deveop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression.
Units you will study
- Food safety in catering
- Developing skills for employment in the catering and hospitality industry
- Health and safety in catering and hospitality
- Healthier foods and special diets
- Catering operations, costs and menu planning
- Prepare and cook stocks, soups and sauces
- Prepare and cook fruit and vegetables
- Prepare and cook meat and offal
- Prepare and cook poultry
- Prepare and cook fish and shellfish
- Prepare and cook rice, pasta, grains and egg dishes
- Produce hot and cold desserts and puddings
Three GCSEs at grade D or above, including English, plus enthusiasm and passion to work in the Hospitality and Catering industry.
You will be assessed through practical skills, short-answer tests and assignments, tests and a synoptic exam.
On successful completion of the Level 2 Diploma in Professional Cookery with a merit grade, you can progress to Level 3 Advanced Diploma in Professional Cookery or Level 3 NVQ.
There will be additional costs for professional uniform, safety shoes, course materials, educational trips and a professional set of knives.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact NESCOT directly.