Motor Vehicle Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair IMI Diploma Level 2 at Boston College
This course builds on the Level 1 Motor Vehicle Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair IMI Diploma and provides you with the knowledge of light vehicle technology and the skills in removal and refitting of components.
The Certificate in Automotive Customer Service Skills is built in as part of the course providing the skills required to support customers and staff, and broaden future career opportunities.
The diploma is delivered 50% in theory and 50% in practical, and covers all aspects of health, safety and good housekeeping activities, job roles within the automotive industry, materials and fabrication and knowledge in the following subjects:
- Light Vehicle Maintenance
- Light Vehicle Engine Units
- Light Vehicle Lubrication and Cooling Systems
- Light Vehicle Fuel, Air and Exhaust Systems
- Light Vehicle Electrical Units
- Light Vehicle Chassis Units and Components
- Light Vehicle Transmission and Driveline Units
- Skills in Customer Service in the Automotive Industry
3 GCSEs at grades D or above (New GCSE grade - 3 or above) including Maths and English. Successful completion of Level 1 Motor Vehicle Course.
Successful completion of each unit is achieved by online exams and practical competency assessments.
Additional costs include:
- Cost of corporate clothing as per subject area requirements (will be discussed at interview)
- Contribution towards educational visits
- Educational resource (pens, folders, text books etc.)
You may be eligible for financial assistance through the College's Bursary scheme and Be Brilliant Foundation.
Successful completion of the course allows the learner to progress on to the Level 3 Motor Vehicle Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repair IMI Diploma or apply for an automotive Apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Boston College directly.