Business - BTEC First Extended Certificate level 2 at Kirklees College, Huddersfield Centre
Want to get down to business? Inspired by Richard Branson? Your career starts here! On this practical, work-related course, you will complete projects and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands. You have to collect your own information and produce solutions that are relevant for the industry.
The course will cover the following units:
- Business purposes,
- Business organisations,
- Financial forecasting for business,
- People in organisations,
- Providing business support,
- Customer relations in business,
- Business online,
- Training and employment in business,
- Business communication through documentation,
- Verbal and non-verbal communication in business.
The course is based around a mixture of real and imaginary businesses and is made up of four core units and six specialist units. You will also have access to a range of employers, live briefs and work experience opportunities.
English and maths are a compulsory part of the course
A minimum of 4 GCSEs with the following grades: English 3 and maths at 2 or above, and 2 other GCSEs grade 3 or above
With projects and assignments based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands.
As a full time student you should not need to pay any course or examination fees (under 19).
There may be a cost for equipment, educational visits, printing etc.
- ABC Diploma in Fashion Retail level 3,
- BTEC Extended Diploma in Business level 3,
- Apprenticeship in Business and Administration level 3,
- Apprenticeship in Customer Services level 3
- Apprenticeship in Retail level 3.
With further training or study, you can progress into business related careers such as accounting, administration, customer service, finance, IT or sales.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.