Professional Cookery - Intermediate Apprenticeship Level 2 at Easton & Otley College
The programme is designed to develop and demonstrate the skills, techniques and knowledge required to prepare and cook food to a professional standard whilst maintaining health, safety and food hygiene.
Suitable For: Those seeking or employed as professional chefs and cooks who prepare and cook predominantly from fresh and raw ingredients.
The apprenticeship framework is made up of different nationally recognised qualifications. Including:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (Professional Cookery)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills
- Maintenance of a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- Work effectively as part of a hospitality team
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food.
- Maintain, handle and clean knives.
- Entry onto the apprenticeship is subject to a thorough initial assessment to clarify course suitability.
- Entrants must have the ability to achieve Level 1 Functional Skills in English and Mathematics and be able to manage the requirements of a Level 2 vocational qualification.
- Apprentices need to be employed in a professional kitchen for minimum of 30 hours a week in the industry with a contract of employment.
Apprentices have the opportunity to progress within their employment to further their experience and knowledge. Apprentices could also progress onto the Advanced Apprenticeship in Professional Cookery.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.