Motorsport Level 3 Extended Diploma at Warwickshire College Group
If you want to be part of the vibrant £3 billion motorsport engineering industry, then this course is an ideal starting point. The programme covers the broad range of mechanical, electrical and electronic skills required for the repair and maintenance of sophisticated competition vehicles. As a qualification equivalent to three A Levels, this two year course is ideally suited to those who would like to progress university or on to an accelerated advanced apprenticeship.
The National Diploma Qualification consists of 18 units, each of which are designed to underpin different aspects of motorsport engineering. During the two year programme, you will study modules covering:
- Motorsport Working Practice
- Vehicle Systems and Vehicle Electronics
- Fault Diagnosis and Rectification
- Vehicle Science and Mathematical Principles
- Engine Technology
- Motorsport vehicle Preparation and Inspection
- Light Vehicle Transmission Systems
- Engine Management Systems
- Science for Technicians
- Mathematics for Technicians
- Electronic Petrol Injection
- Motorsport logistics
- Vehicle Electrical Systems.
Students must have four GCSE' at Grade A - C in Maths, English Language and Science.
Level 2 Extended Diploma in a related subject.
Practical Task Assessment
On successful completion of this course you will be able to apply for jobs with technician status in a motorsport vehicle or engineering environment or you may wish to apply for a Foundation degree in Motorsport Engineering or other related higher education qualification.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Warwickshire College Group directly.