Business BTEC National Foundation Diploma Level 3 at Wirral Metropolitan College
This is a new and exciting qualification for 2016 and will provide students with skills and knowledge required to pursue a career across a range of business sectors. The learning programme includes units which reflect key business topics and will examine how innovation and enterprise contribute to success. Throughout the course students will also engage in a range of enterprise activities which are designed to develop their business skills using real life projects.
We work very closely with the Chamber of Commerce and local businesses to offer all our students the opportunity to gain practical experience within a working environment and put into practice what they have learnt.
To help with future career aspirations English and maths are also included in this course.
A variety of topics will be studied which will involve an exploration of the purposes of different business, looking at their structure and success as well as how they affect the external environment.
Other topics include:
- Events management which is one of the most exciting and dynamic sectors of business. This unit combines organisational skills and the creativity needed to produce successful and memorable events.
- Marketing and the way it can contribute to success of businesses, in this unit students will develop their own marketing campaign.
- Personal and business finance. Personal finance involves understanding of the importance of managing money to prevent future financial difficulties. Business finance will introduce students to planning tools such as cash flow forecasts in preparation for future employment.
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above which must include English and maths
- A satisfactory interview
- A satisfactory reference from former tutor or employer
This qualification includes a variety of different assessment styles and has a combination of externally and internally assessed units.
Students will have the opportunity to carry out independent research tasks, use case studies to explore different situations and demonstrate communication or practical skills through presentations or role play
Successful completion of this course can lead to employment in a variety of business sectors or progression to higher education.
There will be an opportunity to join the Wirral Met Student Enterprise Club providing opportunities for students to develop their entrepreneurial skills and organise events to help raise money for different charities.
All students will have tutorials and the opportunity to be involved in a range of sporting activities.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wirral Metropolitan College directly.