Animal Care and Horticulture BTEC Level 1 Diploma at Wirral Metropolitan College
This course is designed to give students the skills and experience of working with small animals with the aim of progressing to higher level qualifications or into work.
You will be working with the our collection of small animals which includes lizards, toads, insects, rabbits and hamsters to learn practical handling, grooming, health, small animal care and feeding.
Team work, work and life skills will be taught throughout the course to prepare you to take the next move onto another higher level qualification or to enter the work place.
- 16- 18 years
- Satisfactory interview to assess motivation, previous experience if applicable, communication skills, career planning
- 4 E's at GCSE including maths and English, or Entry level 3 maths and English
Before starting your course, you will take assessments in English and maths to make sure that you will be able to meet the requirements of the course.
If English is not your first language, you may need an assessment before enrolling on this course.
On successfully completing this course you may be able to progress to BTEC level 2 in Animal Care, other qualifications, an apprenticeship or enter employment.
Study programmes are full-time courses for 16-18 year olds which include:
- A qualification such as BTEC Extended Diploma
- Meaningful work experience or preparation for work
- English and maths, if you don't already have GCSE grade A*-C in English and maths already
- Non-study activities such as tutorials, voluntary work, fund-raising/charity work, sport or trips
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wirral Metropolitan College directly.