Welding and Fabrication Certificate Level 2 at Lowestoft College
This course is designed for anyone preparing to progress in to a career in welding, fabrication and allied industries.
This programme includes a variety of modules including:
- Working safely in an engineering environment
- Reading and producing engineering drawings
- Producing components using sheet and plate material
- Produce joints using the following welding disciplines MAG, MMA and TIG processes
- Engineering techniques and principles
- Engineering environment awareness
Four GCSEs at grade C or above, including English, maths and science, plus the ability to cope with the demands of the course and an interview.
You will be assessed throughout the course via:
- PEO - Evidence is produced through a series of practical and theoretical exercises and collated in a portfolio
- EAL – The mandatory units have individual internal assessments and an online multi choice question paper
- The other units studied have written short answer question papers
Upon completion of this course, you may wish to progress on to other Level 2 programmes or move on to the Level 3 Certificate or even an Apprenticeship before moving in to a career in welding, sheet metal working or plating.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Lowestoft College directly.