Bricklaying Level Three Diploma at City College Plymouth
Do you want to be a skilled craftsperson who can provide complex skills on-site or is called upon to produce interesting and decorative effects in the laying of bricks and blocks? This study programme is designed to further develop your skills and knowledge, enabling you to work to an advanced level in the industry. The main subjects covered include handling and storing resources, and decorative and complex walling.
The main subjects covered are:
- handling and storing resources
- contributing to work relationships (site management)
- preparing materials for use
- preparing and using components and materials
- building complex walling
- decorative walling
- research projects.
Your individualised study programme will be made up of the following four areas:
- the qualification you are studying
- English and maths
- work experience
- other activities to develop your personal skills e.g. preparing you for employment, training or higher/further education.
In our experience in order to be successful on this level of course you will need at least one of the following:
- four to five GCSEs at grade A*-c (including maths and English) and a level 2 diploma
- a BTEC foundation diploma in a related subject
- level 2 key skills (including literacy or numeracy)
- an NVQ level 2/foundation construction award
- equivalent qualifications or relevant work experience.
You will be assessed under simulated working conditions in the construction workshops, classrooms and College construction site. There will also be an externally set exam, along with end of unit tests.
On successful completion you may progress to:
- the level 4 Higher National Certificate in Construction or Foundation Degree in Construction at the College, or
- gain employment in the industry as a bricklayer or a trainee manager/ working foreman.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Plymouth directly.