Body Repair and Paint Apprenticeship Level 3 at Malvern Hills College
This is a follow-on course from the Level 2 Apprenticeship. Students will learn to colour match and apply topcoat to vehicles and also learn about refinishing plastics. Students must have a work placement. The emphasis is on knowledge delivery in College and practical competence assessed in the workplace.
What does the Apprenticeship cover?
- Health and Safety
- Supporting Roles in the automotive industry
- Motor vehicle construction and materials
- Minor vehicle exterior body panel repairs
- Removing and fitting non-permanently fixed motor vehicle body panels
- Applying fillers and foundation materials
- Preparing metal and pre-painted surfaces
- Repairing minor paint defects
- Working with plastic materials and components
- Establishing paint defects
- Applying top coats and completing refinishing operations
- Vehicle colour matching
The vehicle repair facilities include a new workshop with fully functional ventilated spray booths, paint mixing area, repair areas for body repairs, welding facilities and all other dedicated equipment necessary for repairing a vehicle’s body work.How long does it take?
This is a two year block release programme.
To study for the Level 3 Apprenticeship you need to have achieved the Level 2 Body Repair and Paint qualification.
You will be assessed via online assessments, assessments of competence through work place observations and written assignments.
On successful completion of the Apprenticeship you may progress into employment within the vehicle body and paint industry.
Learners over the age of 19 may be required to pay a fee; this is dependant upon prior qualifications obtained.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Malvern Hills College directly.