Animal Management (Environmental Studies Pathway) C&G 90 Credit Diploma Level 3 at Kingston Maurward College
Are you interested in the protection of animals and how environmental changes and loss of habitats can affect them? This one year course will develop your skills in animal management whilst teaching you about welfare, wildlife, land use and environmental studies.
The environmental pathway will provide you with additional knowledge and qualifications to enhance your prospects of employment or further study either directly within the animal industry or transfer to a similar industry.
This course forms the first year of the two year Level 3 Extended Diploma. Successfully completing the 90 Credit Diploma will allow you to fast track directly into the second year of the Level 3 Extended Diploma and complete a higher qualification.
- Understand and promote animal health
- Manage animal accommodation
- Understand animal anatomy and physiology
- Plan and monitor animal feeding
- Undertake animal handling and safe working
- Understand and interpret animal behaviour and communication
- Understand animal welfare and breed development
- Understand the principles and carry out the practice of exotic animal health and husbandry
- Understand land use and environmental studies
- Undertake estate skills
- Understand the principles of animal nutrition
Four GCSEs Grade C or above - including English, maths and Science (preferably B+) OR Level 2 Diploma in Animal Care at Distinction plus Level 2 functional skills Recent experience of working with animals is essential.
Courses leading to a qualification are FREE for British citizens, aged under 19 years on 31 August in the academic year you start your course.* However, there may be some additional costs for clothing/kit and trips depending on your course. You can apply to the Bursary Fund for extra help towards the cost of transport, food, equipment or childcare.
Veterinary Nurse (with further training), Veterinary reception, Animal Nursing Assistant, Animal Parks/Animal visitor attractions, Zoo Keeper, Kennels and catteries, Animal Care Worker/Supervisor, Conservation work, Pet shop work, Dog Grooming Assistant.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kingston Maurward College directly.