Computer Science A level at Howard of Effingham School
Unit 1: Computer Systems
- Software and its development
- Types of programming languages, data types, representation and structures
- Exchanging data and web technologies
- Following algorithms
- Using Boolean algebra
- Legal, moral and ethical issues.
Unit 2: Algorithms and Programming
- Elements of computational thinking
- Programming and problem solving
- Pattern recognition, abstraction and decomposition
- Algorithm design and efficiency
Unit 3: Computing Project
- Design, development, testing & evaluation of software.
- GCSE grade 6 or above in Mathematics. GCSE grade 5 or above English Language.
- GCSE Computing grade B preferred.
- Unit 1: 2 hour 30 min exam (20%)
- Unit 2: 2 hour 30 min exam (20%)
- Unit 3: Coursework Project (10%)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Howard of Effingham School directly.