Deloitte Level 2 Award in Employability Skills at Knutsford Academy
The Deloitte Employability Initiative is a flagship skills and education programme. Deloitte has invested £2m since 2001 on a programme that aims to develop the skills of young people so that they are qualified and work-ready whatever career path they intend to choose. The learners that qualify attain a widely recognised BTEC qualification which combined with the business and personal skills acquired, substantially enhances their employability chances.
The key objectives of the employability skills courses are:
* to build the self-esteem and self-awareness of learners
* to enable learners to experience the reality of life in the workplace
* to develop the attitudes and behaviours required in the workplace
* to develop learners’ interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication skills and team working skills
The distinguishing feature of the employability course is that learning is based around practical exercises, simulations, role plays and scenarios that replicate real employment and workplace situations.
Students produce a portfolio of assessed work during the sessions which is then internally assessed and externally moderated. The course focuses not only on helping young people secure jobs, but also on helping them to retain and succeed in those jobs.
Students that participate in the course undertake the following 6 units in order to gain the Level 2 Award:
* Preparing for an Interview
* Interview Skills
* Effectiveness at Work
* Working in a Team
* Investigating Rights and Responsibilities at works.
4 A*-C grades are required
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Knutsford Academy directly.