Professional Floristry Diploma Level 2 at Capel Manor College
Aimed at students aged 19 or over, we run our Professional Floristry Diploma (Level 2) course in three different ways to offer you flexibility if you are restricted by time and/or other commitments.
You can choose to study full-time for a year, with a commitment of three days at college each week, take our intensive course attending college two days a week with self-directed study required or choose the more flexible part-time route over two-years with a commitment of one-day a week at college including weekend study.
Your course experience will be enhanced with educational industry visits. On the full-time course you will complete an additional support qualification to support your career destination.
This course will give you a comprehensive insight into the opportunities and expectations of the world of modern retail floristry. You will study a variety of simple floristry skills and techniques that will enable you to construct a vast range of designs suitable for weddings, funerals, events and gifts.
In addition to practical floristry and planted designs, you will also be introduced to aspects of art and design that influence floral designs and develop skills on displaying goods, both as in-store and window displays.
During this course you will also cover aspects of conditioning flowers, foliage and plant materials, as well as identifying and assessing quality of fresh materials.
To achieve this qualification you will have to successfully:
- create portfolios of evidence
- complete written assignments
- complete practical assessments to demonstrate the skills you have learnt
- sit one external theory based exam
- complete work experience.
You will need at least one of the following:
- at least 3 GCSEs at grades A* to C
- an overall Distinction in Introduction to Floristry (Level 1), Professional Floristry Certificate (Level 2)or equivalent
- relevant prior learning or experience gained in an appropriate professional environment will be considered
- successful completion of a practical and knowledge based industry assessment.
You may be asked to attend an interview to explore your interests, experience and ambitions or complete an initial assessment so that we can help you study. References are also considered.
Successful completion of this course will help you gain employment in the industry as a junior florist or progress to our Professional Floristry Advanced Diploma (Level 3).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Capel Manor College directly.