Applied Business `A` Level at The Duston School
To understand the nature of Applied Business, students need to actively experience the business environment through links with local employers, case studies and research.
Applied Business is a vocational `A` Level that:
- Enables students to gain an understanding of the key business pathways and the appreciation of business principles.
- Promotes a broad introduction to the business sector by enhancing the vocational emphasis.
- Develops knowledge and understanding in realistic business contexts.
- Develops practical, presentation, personal, interpersonal and cognitive skills.
- Encourages students to organise their time, discuss, lead a team, investigate and research, problem solve and explore.
- Uses theory to analyse real organisation.
- Provides the opportunity to understand practices and techniques used in organisations.
For entry to Applied Business at `A` Level you need to have 4 GCSEs at A* - C grade.
AS consists of 2 coursework assignments and an exam (1 hour 30 minutes). AS modules:
- Investigating Business
- People in Business
- Financial Planning and Monitoring
A2 consists of 2 coursework assignments and an exam (2 hours). A2 modules:
- Business Planning
- Managing People
- Marketing Strategy
This course develops a broad and varied skills base which is increasingly valued by employers and Higher Education institutions. Future progression in Business related courses at university or employment within:
- Public Relations
- Customer Service
- Human Resources
For further details please contact Mr N Long or Mr Freeman.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Duston School directly.