Engineering Diploma Level 3 at Sunderland College
This course is for people who are looking for a career in engineering or who would like to progress to studying engineering an higher education.
This course has six mandatory topics:
- Health and safety in the engineering workplace
- Communications for engineering technicians
- Engineering Project
- Mathematics for engineering technicians
- Mechanical principles and applications
- Electrical and electronic principles
As well as optional topics:
- Engineering Drawing for Technicians
- Computer Aided Drafting
- Engineering Primary Forming Processes
- Applications of Computer Numerical Control in Engineering
- Engineering Secondary and Finishing Techniques
You will need either a minimum of four GCSE passes at grade C or above including a ‘B’ in Mathematics. Or a BTEC at Level 2 Diploma in Engineering, at Merit Level with a Merit in Mathematics.
If you do not have a grade C GCSE in English you will have to complete either functional skills or a GCSE whichever is deemed appropriate once you have been assessed.
This course is taught with a mixture of classroom based theory and practical work when applicable.
You could progress to Higher Education to undertake an HNC/D or Degree in a range of Engineering areas.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Sunderland College directly.