Electrical Installation Apprenticeship Advanced Level 3 at Southampton City College
An electrical installation advanced apprenticeship will involve fitting, testing and repairing the electrical circuits and wiring found in homes and businesses. Work may range from fitting a bathroom shower circuit in a customers' home to laying equipment cabling in a new office development.
Suitable job roles
- Domestic Electrician
- Commercial Electrician
- Industrial Electrician
- Maintenance Electrician
- Electrical Contractor
Duties typically include:
- Working from plans and drawing installing cables and enclosures
- Connecting lights, switches and socket outlets
- Fitting electrical equipment such as air conditioning
- Installing consumer units and distribution boards
- Wiring fire alarms and security systems
- Working with new environmental technologies such as photo voltaic systems
- Inspecting, testing and fault finding on new and existing installations
A full assessment will take place to ensure you have the skills to complete the qualification. As this is an advanced apprenticeship, all applicants will require GCSEs at grade A-C in English and maths (or equivalent), or can demonstrate through the assessment process that they will be able to achieve this. By completing a workplace audit the Apprenticeship Coordinator will be able to establish whether you are covering the right level of tasks in the workplace to support the criteria necessary for the on-site evidence.
As an apprentice you can expect to undertake work based learning with an employer and to be paid a wage. The apprenticeship will include an NVQ diploma, functional skills and knowledge based element or technical certificate.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Southampton City College directly.