Skid Steer Loaders at The Construction Skills People Ltd
This assessment is designed for those involved in operating Skid Steer Loaders to show their competence in this equipment.
To successfully pass the assessment the operator must be able to:
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturer’s instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Set the skid steer for site and road travel.
- Travel over varying types of terrain, including rough undulating ground, both in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Travel up and down substantial inclines in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Form stockpiles and ramps of various materials.
- Load various types of materials into receptacles i.e. vehicles, hoppers, skips, etc.
- Clean and level different types of materials.
- Place the skid steer in an out-of service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Construction Skills People Ltd directly.