Plastering Level 2 at Gateshead College
This course provides the skills and underpinning knowledge you need to become recognised as a plasterer.
You will gain practical experience in our fully equipped professional workshops.
As well as plastering, you will learn about positioning coving, plastering ceiling, using lightweight plaster and finishing coats and all aspects of building.
- Store materials and equipment.
- Erect and dismantle basic working platforms.
- Positioning coving.
- Plastering ceiling.
- Using lightweight plaster.
- External rendering.
- Fixing beads.
- Finishing coats.
- Health and safety.
- You must have a full Level 1 qualification in a relevant subject areaWe welcome all applicants without any prior experience or knowledge in this area.
- You will need motivation to achieve and have a passion to gain skills enabling you to progress this as a career in the future.
Fast-track to an apprenticeship
If you can’t find the right apprenticeship vacancy or you want to do some studying first - no problem. You can start on a vocational study programme then once you’re ready and a vacancy becomes available, we’ll help you transfer on to an apprenticeship.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Gateshead College directly.