English Literature Edexcel A Level at St Bernard's High School
Component 1: Drama
- Students will study one Shakespeare play and one other drama from either tragedy or comedy – both texts selected from one or both of these categories.
- In addition, students will study critical essays related to their selected Shakespeare play.
Component 2: Prose
- Students will study two prose texts from a chosen theme, with at least one of the texts being taken from pre-1900.
Component 3: Poetry
- Students study a selection of post-2000 specified poetry and will also engage in a focus of a literary period (either pre or post-1900).
Component 4: Coursework
- Students will apply their literary reading skills to two chosen texts.
- They will engage in wider reading and apply research and study skills to their chosen literature.
- Point 6 in GCSE English Language and GCSE English Literature.
- Three examinations (June) and one internally assessed coursework portfolio.
- This course will suit those who enjoy wide reading and exploring the different contexts of texts
Media, Theatre Studies, Performing Arts, Journalism, Communication, BA Hons English Literature, Humanities, English Law, English Linguistic studies, English Education and Drama.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Bernard's High School directly.