Hairdressing Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship at Farnborough College of Technology
This training programme is intended for those working in a hairdressing salon.
The programme covers a range of practical skills and theory and includes the following four components:
1. NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing (Level 2)
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
- Advise and consult with clients
- Style and finish hair
- Set and dress hair
- Cut hair using basic techniques
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Change hair colour
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
Optional Units: (choose at least 1 unit)
- Fulfil salon reception duties
- Develop and maintain effectiveness at work
- Plait and twist hair
- Perm and neutralise hair
- Attach hair to enhance a style
- Promote additional services or products to customers
2. Functional Skills: English & Maths (Level 1)
3. Employment Rights & Responsibilities Workbook
4. Personal Thinking & Learning Skills
You must be aged 16 and over with GCSEs A* - E in Maths and English. You should show enthusiasm and an artistic flair.
The NVQ Diploma is mainly assessed in the workplace. You will attend Farnborough College of Technology once a week to learn the underpinning knowledge and develop your skills.
You will need to buy hairdressing tools and text books that cost approximately £230.
Apprenticeships are a proven way of increasing staff retention and productivity. 92% of employers who employ apprentices believe that Apprenticeships lead to a more motivated and satisfied workforce. Apprenticeships enable employers to recruit and train the employees to meet the specific needs of their business.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Farnborough College of Technology directly.