Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship at Basingstoke College of Technology
Telephone interview is required. Learners must be aged 16 years and older and working a minimum of 30 hrs each week in a school.
English, maths and IT grades A-C (or equivalent) preferred and/or completion of Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools.
This Apprenticeship is made up of the following four components:
1. Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and learning in Schools
- Communication and Professional Relationships with children, young people and adults
- Schools as Organisations
- Support learning activities
- Promote children and young people's positive behaviour
- Develop Professional relationships with children, young people and adults
- Promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in work with children and young people
- Understand Child and Young person development
- Understand how to safeguard the well being of children and young people
- Support children and young people's health and safety
- Support Assessment for Learning
- Engage in personal development in health, social care or children's and young people's settings
Optional units include:
- Plan and deliver learning activities under the direction of a teacher
- Support Literacy development
- Support Numeracy development
- Support Teaching and learning in a curriculum area
- Support bilingual learners
- Invigilate tests and examinations
- Team working
- Support children's speech, language and communication
- Support disabled children and young people and those with special educational needs
2. Level 2 Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT
3. Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
4. Personal Learning & Thinking Skills (PLTS) embedded in the Diploma
A telephone interview is required. Learners must be aged 16 years and older and working a minimum of 30 hrs each week in a school.
English, maths and IT grades A-C (or equivalent) preferred and/or completion of Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
Production of a portfolio of evidence demonstrating understanding and competence in practice.
Methods of evidence include: Direct Observation by Assessor, Reflective Accounts, Professional Discussions with Assessor, Work Products, Cache Assignment Tasks.
If you are aged 16-18, tuition and registration fees are free.
If you are aged 19 or over, tuition and registration fees are payable at the start of each year of study; please ask for details.
If you are aged 24 or over, you may be eligible for a Student Loan to assist with your fees; please ask for details.
This qualification has been designed to allow progression into the school workforce.
Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA) status.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Basingstoke College of Technology directly.