Health and Social Care Level 3 Diploma at CSM Training
Learners who work in a Healthcare Support Worker or Healthcare Assistant role. This role provides vital assistance to healthcare professionals in diagnosing, treating and caring for patients in settings such as Elderly Care, Nursing Homes and Community Hospitals. They look after the well-being and comfort of patients. Some may have supervisory responsibility at this level.
Around 20 – 24 weeks but the exact timescale will be agreed at the initial planning meetings.
The Mandatory units are:
- Unit 1 Promote Communication in Health, Social Care or Children's and Young People's settings
- Unit 2 Engage in Personal Development in Health, Social Care or children's and Young People's Settings
- Unit 3 Promote Equality and Inclusion in Health, Social Care or children's and Young People's Settings
- Unit 4 Principles of Implementing Duty of Care in Health, Social Care or Children's and Young People's Settings
- Unit 5 Principles of Safeguarding and Protection in Health and Social Care
- Unit 6 The Role of the Health and Social Care Worker
- Unit 7 Promote Person Centred Approaches in Health and Social Care
- Unit 8 Promote and Implement Health and Safety in Health and Social Care
- Unit 9 Promote Good Practice in Handling Information in Health and Social Care Settings
There are also a number of optional units that will be chosen at the initial planning meeting.
Example of these units are:
- Unit 13 Understand the Process and Experience of Dementia
- Unit 47 Administer medication to Individuals and Monitor the Effects
- Unit 53 Provide Support to Manage Pain and Discomfort
- Unit 60 Facilitate Learning and Development Activities to meet Individual Needs and Preferences
On completion of this pathway, learners may progress onto further qualifications specific to their work context. A wide range of qualifications are available for use within the health sector. These may include further QCF qualifications, higher education qualifications or other work-related education and training to support continuing professional development.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact CSM Training directly.