Aviation Environment City & Guilds Diploma Level 2 at Doncaster College
The City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Aviation Environment is an ideal qualification for learners wanting to develop an understanding of the airport environment and is ideal for those wanting to work within the exciting and challenging airport environment.
This is an up-to-date qualification based on current industry standards and international procedures.
To achieve the Diploma in the Aviation Environment you must complete all 13 mandatory units:
- 201 Health and Safety within Aviation
- 202 Aviation Security
- 203 Aviation Communications
- 204 Airport Check in Services
- 205 Aircraft Boarding/Arrival Services
- 206 Airport Baggage Processing
- 207 Loading and Unloading Aircraft
- 208 Airport Baggage Facilities
- 209 Airport Special Status Passengers
- 210 Aircraft Load Instruction Reports
- 211 Aircraft Marshalling
- 212 Support Flight Operations
- 213 Aircraft Dispatch Process
Learners may also be required to complete Functional skill subjects at an appropriate level. This will increase your employment prospects too.
- 4 GCSEs grades D and above including English
- All applicants must complete an initial assessment in Maths and English, and attend an interview
You will build a portfolio of assessed work which will include: Practical tasks/role play, short question papers, written assignments and presentations.
These must be completed to set deadlines and will require self-study and completion outside of college hours.
- Air Cabin Crew Level 2 Diploma
- Travel and Tourism Level 1 Introductory Diploma
- Travel and Tourism Level 2 Diploma
- Travel and Tourism Level 3 Edexcel BTEC National Certificate
- Employment in the industry with airlines or airports if over 18
Learners completing this course have had proven success in gaining employment within airports and airlines. Possible roles include Passenger Service Agent or Ramp Agent careers with Ground Handling Agents or employment within a range of airport departments and roles, such as Despatcher and Airport Operations. Airport security and other roles will benefit from this course too.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Doncaster College directly.