Business, Logistics and Supply Chain Level 2 at South Essex College
What is logistics?
Logistics is a technical sounding term for what is a fairly simple concept. When used in a business context, it refers to the process of ensuring the right items are in the right place at the right time.
Why do a logistics course?
- logistics is a progressive industry sector that will grow in the future
- in Essex alone there will be around 25,000 jobs created as a result of the London Gateway development
- there are good career opportunities within the sector covering road, rail, sea and air transportation as well as supply chain pathways
- career-minded students can literally travel the world as logistics is a global business with career opportunities throughout the world
- you can progress from this fast-track level 2 course to our two year Level 3 Extended Diploma, which will prepare you for an amazing career in the logistics industry
System ref: #46267
You will gain three excellent qualifications as part of the programme, comprising:
Edexcel Safe Road Skills and Attitudes Level 1:
- preparing for a safe journey by road
- maintaining own and othersâ€™ safety in relation to vehicles
- rules of the road
- recognising safe road use
Introduction to Freight Forwarding Level 1:
- an introduction to air, sea and road transport within freight forwarding
- health and safety in a freight forwarding office
- understanding freight forwarding in relation to the EU
- awareness of freight forwarding international and European imports and exports
- introduction to trade associations, organisations and regulating bodies within freight forwarding
BTEC Warehousing and Storage Principles Level 2:
- receive and store goods and materials
- process orders and dispatch goods
- deliver effective customer service
- be an effective team worker
- health, safety, security and legislation
You will also study maths and English at GCSE or functional skills.
- GCSE grade D or above in maths, and English at grade E or above, or
- Business Administration Level 1 Diploma (or equivalent) and maths and English at entry 3
- successful attendance at interview event and satisfactory references
FREE to UK/EU under 19s not in employment
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact South Essex College directly.