BTEC Level 3 Certificate: Travel and Tourism at Ashby School
- Gain a broad understanding of the travel and tourism industry and be able to study selected areas in more depth
- Develop skills, knowledge and understanding in travel and tourism
- Have an opportunity to apply learning in a practical and realistic way
- Follow a programme of study that enables progression to both higher education and employment within business
- Develop key skills that are highly valued by employers and universities
- Gain confidence through developing independent learning skills
Unit 1 Investigating the travel and tourism sector
Unit 2 The business of travel and tourism
Unit 3 The UK as a destination
Unit 4 Customer service in travel and tourism
Unit 5 Marketing travel and tourism products and services
Unit 6 Responsible tourism
For all Sixth Form courses, students must have five GCSE (or equivalent)
passes at grades A* - C, including mathematics and English language.
To succeed in Travel and Tourism, students need a lively and enquiring
mind, an interest in the travel and tourism industry, a willingness to
explore new ideas and an ability to communicate ideas effectively.
Students who have studied a BTEC Level 2 Travel and Tourism or GCSE
Leisure and Tourism would be expected to have achieved at least a Pass
Grade or a Grade C in order to take this BTEC National Course.
Students can progress to FE or HE courses in leisure services or
employment in a sector of the travel and tourism industry
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ashby School directly.
Last updated date: 27 November 2015