Sport BTEC Level 2 at The City of Liverpool College
This is a one year course for 16-18s, which is designed to equip students with the skills essential for a career in the Leisure Industry or academic progression. You will develop a wide range of skills in your chosen subject area as well as gaining qualifications in English, maths and ICT. You will be assessed for your English and Maths and work at the level that’s right for you.
If you are a talented footballer and are interested in being invited to attend trials for the Football Academy, you will have the option to join our growing Football Academy.
Students will undertake a programme which includes practical subjects such as:
The course also includes theoretical subjects including:
• Skills in Sport
• The Sporting Environment
• Health & Safety & Prevention of Injury in Sport
• Sports Leadership & Community Sports Leaders Award
The course will also include tutorials.
- You must be aged 16-18
- Have 3 GCSEs at grade D or above, including English.
- You will also need maths at Entry Level 3 (GCSE F-G standard).
- All applicants will need to complete a satisfactory initial assessment and interview.
The certificate is achieved through continual assessment of the units via practical and theoretical assignments which are graded at Pass, Merit or Distinction. It will also include Practical sessions will take place in the Learning Exchange and some specialist facilities and make up approximately 30% of the course.
This course has suitable to progression to:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma
- Other relevant Level 3 courses (such as Sports Therapy Level 3).
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The City of Liverpool College directly.