Dance BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma at LIPA Sixth Form College
- the support and guidance of our creative and performing arts industry-experienced teaching staff
- contact with external industry professionals through masterclasses, workshops and visits, a minimum of one week’s work experience each year, opportunities to work with the wider creative and performing arts community within Liverpool and beyond, and, of course, access to our new facilities.
- Following a course that covers many styles of dance – some familiar, some new – you will develop your technical ability alongside choreography, improvisation and performance skills.
- The regular workshops and assignments of our project-based learning approach will allow you to specialise in the areas which interest you most, such as contemporary, jazz, ballet, fusion and urban, while trying new things as you work alongside students of other disciplines to put on a series of performances (across a range of styles) during the teaching year.
- Predicted minimum of five GCSEs at grade A* to C, ideally including Maths and English.
- If you fail to gain a grade C or above in Maths and/or English Language, we will support you to retake these subjects alongside your BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma studies.
You must complete an application form for September 2017 entry and submit it to us as soon as possible. We will then call you for an audition, interview and workshop at some point in February or March 2017 - you will be given at least four weeks’ notice and full guidance as to how to prepare.
Offers of places (conditional on achieving a minimum of five GCSEs at grades A*-C) will be sent out by 10 April 2017.
A full list of any equipment or clothing required will be provided as part of the enrolment process. Costs for these are kept as low as possible.
All students will be asked to buy a branded LIPA Sixth Form College hoodie and t-shirt, and certain courses (such as Dance, Design for Performance and Technical Theatre) may require additional course-related equipment or clothing.
Depending on funding, we may be able to assist some students in certain circumstances with these costs.
You will be equipped to apply for Higher Education or to seek employment in the creative and performing arts industry.
Related career paths might include performing:
- on stage
- in music videos
- as a backing dancer
- or as a choreographer.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact LIPA Sixth Form College directly.