Brickwork Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship at Hertford Regional College
Construction is one of the broadest Apprenticeships available, covering a range of occupations from bricklaying and plant maintenance to civil engineering and joinery. Few industries are as wide-ranging, or offer so many different career pathways. An Apprenticeship in Bricklaying will develop your employability skills and give you valuable experience of a variety of routine brickwork related activities.
The Apprenticeship will include a QCF qualification, which covers knowledge and competency and Functional Skills.
You will be working in a construction environment where your duties could encompass many areas of brickwork such as cavity walls, arches, piers, concreting and setting out solid walls.
A contract of employment for a minimum of 30 hours per week - to include time at college - for the duration of the Apprenticeship and be paid at least the Apprenticeship national minimum wage. Additional requirements to be discussed.
There are plenty of opportunities to work abroad, as many of the largest construction companies operate around the world.
In addition all Apprenticeships include:
• Induction and Employee Rights and Responsibilities
• Functional Skills (as required)
• Personal Learning and Thinking Skills are mapped and embedded
• Guided Learning on and off the job through training, set tasks or independent study
• Coaching and Mentoring in the workplace
• Achievement Records of all Training and Development activity
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hertford Regional College directly.