Management of Events and Hospitality BTEC Level 3 at Runshaw College
What will I learn?
This exciting course will prepare you to manage events, supervise and ultimately manage various sectors of the industry, namely hotels, pubs, cruise ships, restaurants and corporate hospitality providers such as sporting stadia and conference centres. The skills aquired are transferrable to many occupational areas.
You will study approximately nineteen units over a two year period, including:
- The hospitality industry
- food and beverage service
- personal selling
- human resources – policies and procedures relating to the management of people
- event planning and management
- work experience – an opportunity to gain lots of industry experience at different, often prestigious venues.
What enrichment can I look forward to?
Students have experienced an exciting range of activities. Some examples are:
- Tatton Flower Show
- Puma and MacDonald’s Hotel visits
- Waddecar – team building day
- a variety of industry leading guest speakers
For access to our Advanced Vocational courses, our entry requirements are 5 x grade C equivalent (5 x Grade 4 or C).
How will I be assessed?
A wide range of learning and assessment methods including:
- case studies
- practical sessions
- log book/diary
The course is roughly 70% theory and 30% practical. The practical element is demonstrated through a variety of activities in Foxholes, the college’s restaurant.
What progression is there?
This can lead to many different career choices in an expanding market including:
- event coordinator
- all levels of the food service and kitchen team
- bar supervisor/manager
- hotel general manager/operations manager/ food and beverage manager
- human resources
- sales and marketing
Many of our students go on to university following this course to study:
- Event Management
- Festival and Event Management with Entrepreneurship
- International Hospitality Management
- Tourism and Events Management
Please contact the Schools Liaison team by phone on 01772 643000 or by email email@example.com. Our website also contains up to date further information on all courses that we offer.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.