History: Modern or Early Modern A Level at Worcester Sixth Form College
The study of what happened in the past is vital to our understanding of the present.
- English GCSE grade C or above
- Desirable: GCSE History, if taken, at grade C or above.
Ability to meet deadlines and to think critically.
- AS level Early Modern and Modern History is assessed by two exams at the end of Year 1.
- A Level Modern and Modern History is assessed by two exams and a piece of courswork at the end of Year 2.
- The exams involve writing essays and answering document-based questions.
Optional trip to France, Germany or Russia may be offerred (approx £200-£600)
A/AS level History is a well respected qualification and is particularly useful to those who wish to follow a career in the Law, the Civil Service, Local Government and Politics or the Social Services. Many students go onto pursue the subject at degree level and beyond.
- TV, DVD players, computer, data projector and OHP in every classroom
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Worcester Sixth Form College directly.