Mathematics A level at Wolfreton School
The following units are studied:
- Pure Core 1 (Compulsory) - Differentiation, Integration Algebra, Coordinate Geometry, Differentiation, Integration
- Pure Core 2 (Compulsory) - Algebra and Functions, Sequences and Series, Trigonometry, Exponentials and logarithms,
- Pure Core 3 (Compulsory) - Trigonometry, Exponentials and Logarithms, Differentiation, Integration, Numerical Methods,
- Pure Core 4 (Compulsory) - Algebra and Functions, Algebra and Functions, Coordinate Geometry in the (x, y) plane, Sequences and Series, Trigonometry, Exponentials and Logarithms, Differentiation and Integration, Vectors,
- Decision 1 - Simple Ideas of Algorithms, Graphs and Networks, Spanning Tree Problems, Matchings, Shortest Paths in Networks, Route Inspection Problem, Travelling Salesperson Problem, Linear Programming, Mathematical Modelling
- Mechanics 1 - Mathematical Modelling, Kinematics in One and Two Dimensions, Statics and Forces, Momentum, Newton's Laws of Motion, Connected Particles, Projectiles
- Statistics 1 - Numerical Measures, Probability, Binomial Distribution, Normal Distribution, Estimation, Correlation and Regression
Mathematics encompasses many disiplines and is a vital process in business, computing, economics and science. It can lead to a vast array of opportunities and is highly regarded by employers.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Wolfreton School directly.