Business Studies A Level at St Wilfrid's Church of England Academy
The new business specifcation is intended to be robust and challenging to students who choose it. The content is designed to engage students through topics and issues that are relevant in today’s society – they will study key contemporary developments such as digital technology, business ethics and globalisation.
Students of this course will study business in a variety of contexts (e.g. large/small, UK-focused/global, service/manufacturing) and consider the importance of the context of business in relation to:
- Decision making
- The interrelated nature of business activities and how they afect competitiveness
- The infuences on functional decisions and plans, including ethical and environmental issues
- The factors that might determine whether a decision is successful e.g. the quality of data and the degree of uncertainty
AS (2 x Synoptic Examinations – 1hr30mins)
- What is business?
- Managers, leadership and decision making
- Decision making to improve marketing performance
- Decision making to improve operational performance
- Decision making to improve fnancial performance
- Decision making to improve human resource performance
A-LEVEL (3 x Synoptic Examinations – 2hrs)
- Analysing the strategic position of a business
- Choosing the strategic direction
- Strategic methods: how to pursue strategies
- Managing strategic change
5 GCSEs A*-C including a B in English Language, a C in Maths and C grades in two other GCSE written subjects e.g. English Literature, History, RE and Sociology
This is a very good course for anyone considering a career in business or fnance or studying at university. Business graduates are in high demand worldwide and careers are diverse and often highly paid.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St Wilfrid's Church of England Academy directly.