Film Studies at Bedlingtonshire Community High School
Skills: Analysis of moving image, how to construct a film narrative.
Knowledge: The history of film types and genres, the components of moving image and specialist media terminology.
Understanding: How films are constructed, why filmmakers choose to film what they do and how audiences react to film.
- To be an independent thinker and reader.
- To be able to research and make organised notes
- To be ICT literate and skilled in the use of publisher, word and photoshop
- To have a keen interest in film beyond mainstream cinema
- To have a strong creative streak
Students who do well in this subject have typically achieved a Grade B or above at GCSE English or Media
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bedlingtonshire Community High School directly.