Dental Nursing Apprenticeship Level 2 and 3 at Preston's College
Dental Nurses provide the essential link between dentists and patients. Supporting dentists and the other people who look after our teeth – with anything from sterilising instruments to reassuring a nervous patient through to booking appointments.
– Reduce health and safety risks
– Provide basic life support
– Prepare and maintain environments, instruments and equipment for clinical dental procedures
– Offer information and support to individuals on the protection on their oral health
– Contribute to the production of dental images
– Provide chair-side support during the extraction of teeth and minor oral surgery
You are also required to study functional skills such as maths, English and computing, as well as any additional qualifications that your employment needs.
All Apprenticeships require an initial assessment, interview and employment in the industry. At Level 2 you’ll need four GCSEs at grade D or above including English and maths. At level 3 you will need a Level 2 qualification in the subject or 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C including English and maths at grade C or above with at least a D in the remaining subject.
You will be assessed in one or more of the following ways:
– Oral questioning
– Portfolio of evidence
– Practical demonstration/assignment
– Practical & online examinations
From Level 2 you can move onto the Level 3 Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing. From Level 3 you could progress to the Post Qualification in Oral Health. There are many opportunities for dental nurses to progress in the dental sector. You could move to dental therapy, hygiene, oral health promotion or dental practice management. You could move on to related healthcare roles in nursing or radiography.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Preston's College directly.