Construction Building (Wood Occupations) Advanced Apprenticeship at Eastleigh College
The Advanced Apprenticeship in Construction Building (Wood Occupations) is for those who have completed an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Construction Building (Wood Occupations) and are seeking to develop advanced level skills.
Two routes are available:
- site carpentry
- bench joinery.
Depending upon the route taken you will achieve a Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Wood Occupations (Construction), and either a Level 3 Diploma in Site Carpentry or a Level 3 Diploma in Bench Joinery. Unless exempt on entry, you will also achieve Level 2 Functional Skills qualifications in English and maths.
You will learn through a combination of on- and off-the-job training. You will attend college on a day release basis during term time and spend the rest of your time earning and learning in the workplace.
Both routes include units relating to:
- confirming work activities and resources for work
- developing and maintaining good occupational working relationships
- confirming occupational methods of work
- health and safety in the workplace.
In addition, a range of advanced level technical units are offered in the relevant site carpentry and bench joinery options
- Entry is subject to interview and assessment.
- You will need to have relevant employment.
- In addition, you will need to have completed an Intermediate Apprenticeship in Construction Building (Wood Occupations) or have completed a relevant Level 2 site carpentry or bench joinery qualification.
- You are also required to demonstrate ability equivalent to, or exceeding Level 2 in English and Maths.
You will be assessed on a continuous basis through a combination of knowledge and practical assessment activities, including assessment of activities in the workplace.
Your progress will be continuously monitored and supported by an Apprenticeship Achievement Officer.
Advanced apprentices, with support and opportunities in the workplace, can progress onto
- a Higher Apprenticeship in Construction Management
- Higher National Certificate or Diploma qualifications or
- a Foundation Degree in a construction related subject.
With additional training, advanced level apprentices may also be able to progress in their careers to a supervisory, management or technical support role.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Eastleigh College directly.