Supporting Teaching and Learning Level 2 Apprenticeship at Bridgwater College
This course is offered to individuals already working in a school who wish to study through work based learning. The course places great emphasis on practical ability backed up with an understanding of the principles involved. The Apprenticeship offers high quality training, to meet government standards. The qualifications are designed by the industry for employers and this ensures that the training received will equip candidates with the required skills.
Whilst at work, candidates will receive comprehensive practical training designed to develop competence in carrying out relevant tasks that the employer will value. Students will be visited regularly by a qualified assessor to check on progression and to ensure that they are building evidence towards their final qualification.
The course is divided two sections:
- Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning Level 2
- NVQ Certificate in Activity Leadership (Outdoors/Coaching/Exercise and Fitness/Leadership
Course content will be tailored to the needs of the individual and could include:
- Understanding key legislation related to physical education and school sport
- Principles of child development through movement
- Principles of inclusion in physical education and school sport
- Lead physical education and school sport activities
- GCSEs in the A*– E range
- Employer sponsorship - in the form of a letter of recommendation and support
- Initial Assessment
- Practical assessment
- Employment opportunities within the industry
- Progress to Level 3 (Advanced Apprenticeship)
- Progress to study a Foundation Degree at Level 4 and 5 within Sports Coaching, Health, Fitness & Exercise, Sports Development, Sports Science and Leisure Management
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bridgwater College directly.