Applied Business A2 Level (single award) at Samuel Lister Academy
This course provides learners with a broad introduction to the vocational sector of business. It allows students to acquire knowledge and understanding of businesses and their environment.This double award consisting of 12 units taking two full years to complete. The double award, two ‘A’ levels. Units are assessed through both portfolio work and external examinations.
At the moment we offer two courses - a single and a double award Single award = 6 units over 2 yearsCompulsory units are:
- Investigating Business - portfolio
- People in Business - portfolio
- Financial Planning and Monitoring - examination
- Business Planning - portfolio
- Promotional Activities - portfolio
- Managing People - examination
- Meeting Customer Needs - portfolio
- Business Communication and Information Systems - examination
- Career Planning - portfolio
- The Marketing Environment - examination
- Managing Change - portfolio
- Financial Accounting for Managers - examination
Maths and English at GCSE grade C or above.We expect students to be responsible for their own learning, this means hard work and commitment to their studies, meeting given deadlines and remaining motivated throughout. Excellent attendance is essential if you wish to be successful on these courses.
For further information please contact Mrs Balderson who will be happy to advise you or answer any queries that you may have - we look forward to seeing you next year.
You will learn skills which employers, colleges and university require such as:
- Working with others - teams/groups
- Problem solving
- Creative thinking
- Working on own initiative
This course and the skills above will in turn leads assist you in further/ higher education and employment in any of the following and many more areas:
- Business Management in many areas
- Management information systems
- Human resources
- Financial management
- Training in industry
For further information, please contact Mrs Balderson at Aire Valley School who will be happy to answer any queries you may have. We hope you can join us next year!
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Samuel Lister Academy directly.