Hair and Media Make-Up VRQ Level 2 at Warwickshire College Group
The Level 2 Diploma in Hair & Media Make Up is a job ready qualification providing general skills and knowledge that employers expect of an entry level. You will be able to provide make up and lash and brow treatments, basic photographic makeup, tanning treatments & basic hair styling & colouring.
- Working in beauty related industries
- Follow health and safety practice in the salon
- Client care and communication in beauty related industries
- Apply make-up
- Provide eyelash and brow treatments
- Create an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty sector
- The art of photographic make-up
- Body art design
- Apply skin tanning techniques
- The art of colouring hair
- The art of dressing hair
- Make and style a hair addition
Literacy and numeracy are an integral part of this course for those under 19 years. If you have not achieved GCSE grades A-C or equivalent in these subjects you be required to attend functional skills in Literacy (English) and numeracy (maths).
Additionally to enhance your employability your learning package will also include:
• Personal tutorial guidance and support services
• Preparation into employment or progression into another course, i.e. C.V writing and business advice
• Sessions with industry speakers from product companies and suppliers to the industry, ex-students and employers
• Opportunities to enrich your communication and people skills working in our community projects
• Regular commercial salon experience, honing your commercial treatment timings and building confidence in our salons
• Opportunities to attend other short services courses (payment required) to enhance your C.V, expand your treatment offer and give you every chance of employment
• 4 GCSEs (grade A-D) or equivalent qualifications preferably including Maths and English
• English minimum achievement - attained or evidence of working towards Functional Skills Level 1 Literacy
• Maths minimum achievement - attained or working towards Functional Skills Entry Level 3 Numeracy
• For those studying GCSE's, or similar and Functional Skills, we will look for projected grade evidence which you should obtain from your school/college.
If you do not meet the entry requirement we will advise you on an alternative programme to suit your individual study needs.
• Continual assessment throughout the course
• Written assignments
• Online tests
• Practical assessments are undertaken on paying clients and must be completed in a commercially acceptable timescale
• Portfolios of collated study evidence
In addition to timetabled classes there is provision for independent study time. Students will undertake independent learning, investigation and research and bring this to present and share in subsequent classes.
The hair and beauty industry is worth over £6 billion to the UK economy and is growing. it is a dynamic and creative sector with a wide variety of career opportunities, including
work in salons, spas, business and enterprise, film, television, fashion, training and product development.
Almost half of the people working in the sector are self-employed, making it one of the most entrepreneurial industries in the country and many of the sector professionals are keen to advance their skills through continued development.
Becoming part of Warwickshire College community will enable you to enjoy this exciting, prestigious and fast moving sector.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Warwickshire College Group directly.