Hospitality and Catering Diploma Level 2 at City College Plymouth
This study programme covers the required skills and knowledge for preparing to work in the hospitality and catering industry. It is designed to meet the needs of those who work, or want to work, in the industry and will give you a taste of the various areas in which you can focus your career.
This course includes the following subjects:
- maintaining a safe, hygienic and secure working environment
- working effectively as part of a hospitality team
- prepare and clear areas for counter and takeaway service
- maintain food safety when serving, preparing, cooking and serving food
- prepare and clear areas for, and provide table service
- provide a silver service
- cleaning and servicing a range of housekeeping areas
- set up and close a kitchen
- prepare and present food for presentation
- produce basic dishes using a variety of ingredients.
In order to be successful on this course, you will need to have achieved a level 1 qualification or have a basic knowledge or and interest in hospitality and catering.
Upon successful completion, you may be able to progress to a level 3 hospitality and catering course at the College. Alternatively, you may want to consider an Intermediate Apprenticeship or move directly into employment.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City College Plymouth directly.