A Level Product Design Graphics at The Whitby High School
AS and A level design and technology will encourage students to:
· Make use of knowledge and skills in order to work with tasks that
are challenging and interesting.
· Develop and sustain creativity and innovative practice.
· Recognise and overcome challenges and constraints when
working towards the production of high-quality products.
· Develop a critical understanding of the influences of the
processes and products of design and technological activities
from a modern and historical perspective.
· Draw on a range of skills and knowledge from other subject areas.
· Draw on and apply knowledge, understanding and skills of
production processes to a range of design and technology
· Develop an understanding of contemporary design and
· Use digital technologies and information handling skills to
enhance their design and technological capability.
· Recognise the values inherent in design and technological
activities and develop critical evaluation skills in technical,
aesthetic, ethical, economic, environmental, sustainable, social,
cultural and entrepreneurial contexts.
Five A*-C grades at GCSErequired.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Whitby High School directly.