Computing Diploma Level 2 at Rotherham College
Computing and IT is at the heart of everyday life, at home, work and in our leisure time. From computer graphics and control systems to communications and problem-solving, computers have an ever increasing role to play. By studying this course you will develop essential skills in the developing digital age by combining theory with hands-on work. This is an ideal introduction to the computer science and technical industries.
- Software development (programming)
- Website design
- Mobile application development and multimedia
- PC building and repair
- Games design
- Cloud computing
- Four GCSEs at grade D or above including English
- Or a Level 1 qualification
- A good reference
16-18 year olds do not need to pay course fees. Depending on your circumstances you may not need to pay fees.
Contact the Enquiries Team on 01709 722777 for advice and guidance.
On successful completion of the Level 2 Computing course, you can either progress on to the Level 3 Computing or choose to go out and seek employment within the industry.
- You will develop other skills such as employability and team working
- You will undertake work experience in real companies and participate in projects such as PC repair clinics and code club
- On this course you will work with industry standard facilities and be taught by industry professionals who will guide you on your journey to becoming a creative practitioner
- You will have access to our private computing lab and gaming teaching room
- Your work will be entered into national and global competitions
- Each year our students participate in field trips which have included visits to Bradford Media Museum, Gaming Events and Alton Towers You will also be required to study English and Maths as part of your course if required
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.