Extended Project AS at Islington Sixth Form Consortium (IC6)
The Extended Project Qualification (EPQ) provides students with a unique opportunity to exercise their abilities beyond the A-level syllabus prepare for university or future careers and specialise in a subject of their choice. You can focus in to an area
of interest, or one that either complements your study or is an area you hope to study at university.
The list of subject you can study is boundless and you can also use the EPQ to earn extra UCAS points.
The EPQ can contribute to your programme in two ways:
- As a standalone subject complementing your other A levels, or
- As part of the AQA Baccalaureate Diploma programme
The EPQ allows each student to embark on a largely self-directed project. You will start by taking responsibility for the choice and design of an individual project, or individual role in a group project, and during the process learn to:
- mature into a critical, reflective and independent learner
- develop and apply decision-making and problem-solving skills
- increase planning, research, analysis, synthesis, evaluation and presentation skills
- apply new technologies confidently
- demonstrate creativity, initiative and enterprise.
All students must have 6 A*-C grades at GCSE level as well as at least grade B in Maths and English.
There are many methods of assessment for the project i.e. presenting, a dissertation, a portfolio or a production.
This is only studied at AS level but is a valuable tool in earning UCAS points as well as complementing your study and thus improving your final grades. It better equips students for any university interviews and UCAS statements.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Islington Sixth Form Consortium (IC6) directly.