BTEC Children's Play Learning and Development Level 2 at Kirkby College
This course covers a wide range of aspects involved in the care and development of children. This is the perfect course if you are wanting a future in any caring role. The units are varied and cover a range of important factors which will affect a child’s development. This course also includes a 1 day a week work placement in a early years establishment such as a Nursery or Pre-School.
- Unit 1- Patterns of Child Development (Exam)
- Unit 2- Promoting Children’s Development through Play
- Unit 3- The Principles of Early Years Practice
- Unit 4- Promoting Children’s Positive Behaviour (Exam)
- Unit 5- Health and Safety & Early years settings
- Unit 6 – Supporting Children’s Language and Literacy Development
- Unit 7- Making Healthy Food choices
- 1 exam at the end of Year 12.
- 1 exam at the end of Year 13.
This course allows students to follow a wide variety of further education options or employment in areas such as the Health Profession, Midwifery, Child Care, Nursery Nurse or Social Work. The course aims to provide students with a wide range of skills and knowledge which will enable students to better understand how to look after children and their specific developmental needs.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kirkby College directly.