History AS and A level at Alder Grange Community and Technology School
History is the key to understanding the world around you. As a history student you will be trained to research, select relevant information, assess opinion, think logically, make informed judgments and construct an argument based upon evidence. On this course you will take a fascinating journey into the world of the Twentieth Century, focusing on the major events surrounding World powers, politics and personalities.
At AS Level:
Change and Consolidation: USA 1890-1945 including:
- The political system in 1890 and the role of the President.
- The US and WW1.
Periods of change: Life in Nazi Germany-1933-1945 such as:
- Rise to power and Total War.
- The impact on everyday life.
At A2 Level:
The Making of Modern Britain: 1951-2007
- The role of key personalities
- Britain’s declining imperial role and membership of the EEC
- The Thatcher Revolution – Falkland’s War, Monetarism, Miner’s Strike
- New Labour in Power – relations with the USA, The Iraq War
The Historical Enquiry; an analysis of an historical issue, focusing on change over 100 years.
C or 5 in English or History.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Alder Grange Community and Technology School directly.