Motor Vehicle Maintenance and Repair City and Guilds 4290-12 Level 2 Diploma at Bromley College of Further & Higher Education
The level 2 Diploma is designed to offer students a solid continuation from level 1 Motor Vehicle to the specialist role of Motor Vehicle Technician; you may also be able to get to the core skills you need to progress on to a related apprenticeship (once employed).
The course will cover the 12 units, plus 6 online examinations and 3/4 assignments:
- Maintenance within a workshop
- Remove test and refit a cylinder head
- Remove test and refit a coolant thermistor
- To remove/test, ignition coils and sparking plugs
- To remove an alternator/stator, test theses systems and test a battery
- To test/remove lamp clusters
- To test steering and remove/refit a steering rack
- To test a suspension strut, remove and refit
- To maintain brakes: diagnose faults, remove, measure and refit
- To understand the drive components
- To manufacture 2 tools
In addition, all students will be taking Functional Skills in Maths and English, plus The Bromley Advantage.
Students that have attained a previous Level 1 qualification (within this vocation).
The assessment is practically assessed ,plus each unit will be written, including technical data and including Health and Safety factors.
Once the students has attained the pre-requisite knowledge, then the student can move onto the next unit.
Achieving a level 2 automotive qualification gives you the background knowledge you need to advance onto a Level 3 or an apprenticeship (once employed).
Completing a Motor vehicle apprenticeship can lead to employment as an automotive technician.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bromley College of Further & Higher Education directly.