Media Production (TV and Film) Level 3 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Are you interested in pursuing a rewarding career in the film industry?
Or would you like to play your part in the next generation of television production?
If you have an active interest in TV, and a list of film directors that inspire you, perhaps this course is the right one for you.
The programme will be delivered through a blend of the following:
- Workshop sessions
- Hands-on learning
- Virtual learning environment (MOODLE)
- Either five GCSEs at grade C or above, or
- An overall Merit grade at Level 2
- Consideration will also be given to mature applicants without recognised qualifications
- Since the course involves substantial 'one to one' contact with the local community, you should also possess sound written and spoken communication skills
- Places on the programme are subject to interview.
The programme will be assessed through a blend of the following:
- Practical work
- Finished productions
- Evidence of research
- You will receive written feedback on all your assignments, with details of your grade and advice on how to improve.
Completion of this course can lead to a number of academic and professional options. You may choose to progress into Higher Education. Alternatively, you may seek employment in the media industry.
You could proceed onto a number of programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- Foundation Degree (FdA) Broadcast Media Production, available at Rhos-on-Sea.
- 3D Modeller
- Audio Editor
- Broadcast Researcher
- Camera Operator
- Computer Games Developer
- Production Assistant
- Production Manager
- Programme Producer
- Video Editor
Programme code: 0903A03B
Depending on the campus, students may be able to access elements of the programme in both English and Welsh through some programme learning materials being made available bilingually. Details will be provided to you at interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.