Children and Young People's Workforce Level 3 Diploma at CSM Training
This qualification is intended to guide and assess development of knowledge and skills relating to the children and young people's workforce and will provide progression to the early learning and childcare, social care and learning development and support services workforces. The qualification confirms competence in these areas where appropriate and serves as the required qualification (for all new practitioners) for registration and regulatory requirements in the sector.
Around 20 weeks but the exact timescale will be agreed at the initial planning meeting.
The Mandatory units are:
- Unit 1 Understand Child and Young Person Development.
- Unit 2 Promote Child and Young Person Development.
- Unit 3 Understand How to Safeguard the Wellbeing of Children and Young People.
- Unit 4 Support Children and Young People's Health and Safety.
- Unit 5 Develop Positive Relationships with Children, Young People and others Involved in their care.
- Unit 6 Working Together for the benefit of Children and Young People.
- Unit 7 Understand how to Support Positive Outcomes for Children and Young People.
- Unit 8 Promote Communication in Health, Social Care or Children's and Young Peoples Settings.
- Unit 9 Engage in personal development in Health, Social Care or Children's and Young People's Settings.
- Unit 10 Promote Equality and Inclusion in Health, Social Care or Children's ad Young People's Settings.
- Unit 11 Principles for Implementing Duty of Care in Health, Social Care or Children's and Young People's Settings
There are also a number of Optional units that will be chosen at the initial planing meeting.
Examples of these units are:
- Unit 27 Support Children and Young People to achieve their learning potential
- Unit 37 Support Children and Young People's Speech, Language and Communication Skills
- Unit 40 Promote Young Children's Physical Activity and Movement Skills
- Unit 47 Promote Creativity and Creative Learning in Young Children's
On completion of this qualification learners can progress to the following qualifications:
- Level 4/5 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Level 4/5 Diploma for Leadership and Management for Care Services
- Level 4/5 Diploma I Learning, development and Support Services
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact CSM Training directly.